Sunday, June 9, 2013

Dublin for the weekend - June 8 and 9, 2013

Very rarely do I get to enjoy a day with absolutely nothing planned.  Today was marvelous.  What did I do....go to the zoo.  I think this was the first time I've been to the zoo without small kids or my group of students.  Just to leasurely walk around the zoo was so pleasurable.  The Dublin Zoo is comparable, I think, to the New Orleans Zoo.  The layout just allowed for a pleasurable stroll.  The animals were cute (as best they could be) and I loved the different vegetations we saw.

 


On our walk to the zoo, we strolled through Phoenix Park, sitting for a spell and just enjoying our environment.



My day would not be completely free as I had came back to the hostel and did a little work.

On Sunday we have a VERY leisurely day.  Connor and I strolled along Mary and Henry Streets on the South side of the River Liffey and did a little shopping.  We came across a bookstore where we bought books to go enjoy in the park (St. Stephen's Green) and that is exactly what we did.  I truly wished we live in the type of weather/environment where this would be possible for us to have back home.  But we fight the heat and the ants.  I noticed that not one single bug of any type crawled on me while lying on the grass.  Guess is the great upkeep of the parks that makes the difference.

Tomorrow we're off the the Southwest to see the Rock of Cashel, Chair Castle, Blarney Castle and head toward Killarney.


No comments:

Post a Comment